Rules

The Bugs forum thread is not just for reporting bugs to the administration. It is intended to solve technical problems encountered in the game. Before creating a topic, you should check to see if there is a topic with the bug that you want to report. In order to report bugs or glitches, you can create a new thread instead of writing in the existing threads. Topics with the title Bug, Glitch will not be considered. Try to put a brief description of your problem in the title of the topic. If the problem described above occurred on another account, be sure to specify the account where it occurred.
Ответственный: Не задан  

wrong planet / sending less ship

Сообщение  Сообщение #1 
Репутация 8
Группа xerj Альянс OnlyOneTeam4Rever 59 55 45 Очков 1 849 737 Сообщений 33
The user on whose account the problem was detected:
kotek

Coordinates:
not relevant

Date or time of the incident (according to server time):
since some time (a few-ish days perhaps)

Description:
I am not sure how to explain, as it is not really a bug but very unpleasent combination of implementation decissions.

The real problem (in my opinion a bug) is about how "selected planet" is implemented. When we switch planet in top left, request is sent and it sets it as "selected planet". All actions like moving buildings around, sending fleet, triggering research are alway performed from the "selected" one. Client does not store this per tab and does not sent along with requests to indicate where to send ships from. This leads to very awkward behaviour when opening multiple tabs. If I select planet 1 on tab 1, open new tab and switch planet to 2 there it will make a request indicating planet 2 is now selected. The problem is tab 1 "does not know" that and is still displaying planet 1 info until it is refreshed. If I now send anything from there it will in fact be sent from planet 2.
It has always been like this and I do understand that changing that would be a lot of work for developers, requiring implementing some per tab storage, modyfying info sent with every single request and accomodating for changes in the backend. Doubtfully worth it, I get it.

Now I've learned to live with this until recently a small change has been introduced to sending ships. Before when I would select more ships that I have I would simply get an error saying you don't have enough. Now, instead, it will send less (max from selected and available). Paired with "problem" I described above it's pretty ugly. Keep in mind that those situations with multiple tabs are probably happening the most when we try to attack a player. It's very easy to not realize that we actually sent too litle from some far far planet instead of what we tried to do.

May I kindly ask for reverting that change and go back to giving back errors?

Not important, but funny thing about that implementation is when moving buildings around. If done in the right order this allows to place building on top of each other or on forbidden terrain (rivers, rocks, etc). Helps when you get a landscape that you cannot fit building into.

Actions required to repeat the problem:

- select planet 1, open fleets
- open another tab (browser will probably do too)
- on the second tab switch the planet
- go back to tab 1 and send ships without refreshing page first

- ships will be sent from planet 2

Screenshot:
24 Сентября 2023 15:19:16
24 Сентября 2023 15:19:16
Сообщение  Сообщение #2 
Репутация -187
Группа Terminator 89 7 48 Сообщений 7843
Цитата: kotek
This leads to very awkward behaviour when opening multiple tabs.

Please do not use multiple game tabs. We cannot provide you with adequate experience if you're using stale data from your client.
The game was designed to be played from “single screen” from day 1. And I cannot recall any game that allows seamless “multi-instacing” you're asking for. Like, you cannot open the same game of Starcraft in several side-by-side windows to put your camera in different parts of the map for better control (and if you modify a client to do that, it would be considered an unfair advantage and lead to a ban).

those situations with multiple tabs are probably happening the most when we try to attack a player

We're trying to accomodate players by presenting the relevant information without a need to leave current page (popups, real-time updates, etc). If there's a scenario, that benefits from multi-tabbing, you should present it in “New ideas”, so we can see how it could be implemented without a need to switch.

Not important, but funny thing about that implementation is when moving buildings around. If done in the right order this allows to place building on top of each other or on forbidden terrain (rivers, rocks, etc).

While it's not game-breaking, we will address that. Bypassing client-side restrictions is against the game rules (7.3).
25 Сентября 2023 12:33:49
25 Сентября 2023 12:33:49
Сообщение  Сообщение #3 
Репутация 8
Группа xerj Альянс OnlyOneTeam4Rever 59 55 45 Очков 1 849 737 Сообщений 33
I know the multi-tab thing will not get fixed and is not a real bug. But would it be possible to go back to giving errors when trying to send more ships (or more resurces) that currently on the planet instead of taking minimum of what is there? It is really confusing at times.
25 Сентября 2023 14:13:02
25 Сентября 2023 14:13:02

Информация

Вы не авторизованы